May 30, 2011

Movie Mondays!


As the years pass, I find myself rediscovering some of the great loves of my youth, returning to them with fresh eyes and basking in enjoyment of them all over again. This documentary about Wings is as much about the band and the music as it is about Paul McCartney's life in the decade after the breakup of the Beatles. Wings for a period in the 70’s enjoyed a great deal of success and plenty of airplay on radio - for good reason, a lot of Wings music was (and still is) terrific. Old fans will enjoy the nostalgia of reliving the Wings catalog chronologically and finding out the backstory of the group. New fans will find it an entry into some of the best music the seventies has to offer. Through it all, viewers are treated to the intimate portrait of the romance between Paul and Linda McCartney. It turns out to be a very touching story too and one I find at times moved me to tears. It’s really one of the best music documentaries I’ve seen in quite some time, just excellent.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: